Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Goodies

Well, for starters, I gave Jan her hat, and she LOVED it. She almost cried, and said she was so flattered. :D Success. That feels good. It motivates me to make other knitted gifts.
Sarah gave me an awesome gift, including some bare Knitpicks yarn, several packs of assorted koolaid, and instructions on how to dye yarn! She also included Sensational Knitted Socks, which I've been wanting, since learning to make socks is one of my new year's resolutions. What a great present. Thanks, Sarah!
I also got some great yarn from Jan: Malabrigo Worsted and Sockotta. Woo!
Additionally, I got two other knitting books: Cables Untangled and Fitted Knits. What a great way to start post-holiday knitting!
Currently, I'm working on the pillow for my bedroom and a hat for Jill, since the one I made her is too small. That will teach me to check gauge (maybe).
While I was at my grandmother's this past weekend, she gave me several embroidery patterns that she's had for years, some thread, and a hoop, so that I can try my hand at it. I think I'll really enjoy it, and it seems like yet another crafty activity I can amuse myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails