Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's not you, it's me

Look, Two-toned ribbed shrug, I love you. I want to make this work. You and I, we are on the same team. I'm sorry I yelled at you, cursed at you, and threw you across the room. It doesn't mean I stopped loving you. You just frustrated me so much that I had to walk away and regroup. It's perfectly natural to fight once in a while, but please, let's get through this last little bit. I know it's the hardest part, but I need you to work with me, not against me. I'm going to focus on a birthday gift, Twiggy Tweed, until the wounds heal, but I'll be back for you. Don't give up on me.

This past weekend, I needed a break from the shrug, so I knit up a quick FO, Le Slouch (pdf). It was just the remedy I needed for my stress over the shrug. I finished it Sunday while watching ridiculously stressful football. I have an "in progress photo" but no FO pic, because it's been rainy and overcast. This will have to do for now.
I used the specified yarn, Classic Elite City Lights, which I purchased for $1.99 a ball at Webs a few months ago. I liked the thick and thin texture of the yarn, and it knit up nicely. The tiny amount of nylon in the yarn gives it a good amount of stretch. I only used a little of the second skein, so I still have about 1.7 skeins left-maybe I'll make another slouch, or maybe a bag. I used size 8 dpns, and didn't switch to size 9 as the pattern recommends, mainly because I don't have any size 9 dpns.
I also cast on today at lunch for Jill's Twiggy Tweed.

On a non-knitting note, we got a bird feeder for the back porch, and the pets were very mesmerized by the birdies. We even saw a cardinal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails