Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

A yarny weekend

Last week, I ordered some decadent Tilli Thomas yarn, both for a wedding gift, and for myself. It came Saturday, and, while I did take pictures, I of course forgot to upload them, so for now, you'll have to take my word for it-the stuff is heaven. I paid more for the skein of Disco Lights (for the present) than I've ever paid for yarn, but what the hell? It's a present, and it's so soft. I'm making Square Cake, and the Disco Lights yarn is a soft pink, definitely not something I would normally pick. I'm excited about this present. I'm in my friend Terra's wedding, and we've known each other since elementary school. She wanted a bag for her makeup/misc things on the big day, and I thought this pattern would work perfectly.
I also bought a ball of Aspen for myself. It's so soft and gorgeous, in Dusty Rose. I promise to post yarn pron pics tonight!
I worked up the other Twiggy Tweed panel yesterday, and I started on the strap, and got about 5 inches in, so I hope to finish all the knitting part this week, and then all I have to do is pick fabric for the lining. :)
Yesterday, the boy's mom invited me to check out an LYS in Spring, The Hen House. The selection was great, and it feels rustic, in a good way. I, of course, did not leave empty-handed. I scored three skeins of Cascade 220 in a gorgeous heathered colorway, and some oh-so-soft Shibui Knits Baby Alpaca. I only bought one skein of it, mainly due to the price tag, but I have big dreams for the stuff. It's heavenly soft.
So, yeah, pictures of all my stash enhancements to come later today. Prepare to drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails