Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

FO: Square Cake

I sewed up Square Cake last night. I was feeling sort of lazy, so I hand-sewed the lining, and I really like how it turned out.

Talk about cutting it close! The lingerie shower is this afternoon, which is when I'm gifting it.
Details:
Square Cake, by Jairlyn Mason, Knitty
Yarn: Tilli Tomas in Hope, less than 1 skein
Size Size 6 dpns, size 4 circ
Time:3 weeks
Gift for Terra's wedding
I enjoyed this pattern, and if I make another, I won't buy the Tilli Tomas yarn again, I will use smaller needles, and I won't get lazy with the straps like I did. The yarn is so expensive, and the sequins made things a little difficult. They got stuck on the yarn when I was seaming, and made the knitting a little slower than I would like. The finished product looks nice though, so I guess it was worth it. I like the fabric I chose for the lining-it's very girly, which I think is what the recipient would prefer.

I hope she likes the purse. She asked for something she could use on the big day, for her makeup and such. I know she will probably also use it on her honeymoon, and when she goes out.
All in all, I think this is a pretty successful gift. :) We'll see how she likes it.
After I finished the purse last night, I picked up Something Red (and Yellow) and got a few more rows knit. I started a second stripe of yellow, and I probably only have about 2 inches left on the body. Maybe I'll be able to start the button band this week.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, and perfect for Terra.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails