Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

FO: Not Pink

I'm feeling pretty good today. It's a lazy Saturday, with no obligations. This is a rarity and I'm taking full advantage. I'm hanging out with the cats, starting a new knitting project, laundry, drinking coffee, etc. It's an awesome day. It's also the perfect opportunity for me to show you my latest FO and my new haircut:


Details: (Not) Pink, by Wendy Bernard from Custom Knits
Yarn: Berroco Touche, 6 skeins (about 540 yards)
Needles: Size 4, size 6 circulars
Time: just under four months
Recipient: me!
Thoughts: This was yet another learning experience for me. When I bound off the first time around, it was entirely too tight, so I set it aside for almost two months, until I had the patience to undo and redo the bind off. I'm glad I took that time, as I think it looks stellar.
I made the sleeves much shorter than called for, mostly because I live in Houston and it's already in the eighties most days. I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this year-round. I skipped the neck ribbing, and I kind of dig the loose, casual neckline. I didn't add any increases at the waist, and I'm glad: the fit is nice and not too tight. Based on my experience with Something Red (and Yellow), I stopped the increases early (I increased way too much).

Success!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Two great FOs in a row! :) (P.S. The haircut looks cute, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful - I am proud of you. AND I love your hair! See you soon -

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails