Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finally, some sewing!

I managed to work in some sewing time today. After spending about thirty minutes sorting through my stagnant stash, I pulled together some fat quarters for pouches.

Jill's honeycomb pouch

I intended to try a box bag, but the one I completed is just a simple pouch.

Jill, surprise: this is part of your birthday gift!

Jill's honeycomb pouch

I used just two small pieces of Amy Butler fabric for both the interior and exterior, and a small amount of interfacing for additional structure.

I just love the honeycomb fabric.

New scissors - a gift from mom

Also, a shout out to my mom for these new scissors, a Christmas gift. They have such a professional feel.

I'm starting a second pouch now, and it will be a box bag. I don't know if I'll finish tonight, or switch to knitting, but I'll have more to share soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I'm still a little nervous about trying zippers, but yours looks great! Do you have a good pattern for box bags? Let me know if you do, because I bought supplies but the pattern I found online is really confusing (I'm sure it's just me and my newbie sewing-fu). Good luck! Can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky sister! Glad you like your present!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails