Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FO: Mother's Day Multnomah

Last fall, I knit this shawl, and immediately wanted to knit another in a semi-solid yarn. I loved the variegated effect, but I knew it would really pop in a semi-solid.

Multnomah

Enter version 2 of Multnomah, a gift for my mom. In Shibui Sock, which is fast becoming one of my favorite yarns, it knit up quickly and is just as lovely as I dreamed. This Mulberry color is right up my mom's alley.

Modeling Multnomah

I gave it to her a week early (after scheduling myself rigidly the few days before), so that she could take it on her California trip.

Mom's Multnomah in California

She loved wearing it, and she took pictures of the shawl, draping it carefully in each one, to get the photos "just-so".
She commented that she got some strange looks, and I'm sure most of you can relate. We get some funny looks taking pictures of yarn, FOs, food, etc. But we know what we're doing, so who cares, right?

Mulberry Multnomah

I used about two skeins of the Shibui. I broke into a third skein, but little cat played with one of the original skeins, so I may have had a little less yardage than I expected. I really need to weigh the shawl to know my exact yardage. I used the recommended size 3 needle, and finished it in just two weeks.

Multnomah

I adore the pattern, and definitely recommend it to lace knitters of any expertise. I learned my lesson from shawls past and bound off very loosely, which allowed me to block more aggressively.

Raveled

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this one really looks fantastic in the semi-solid yarn! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And I love that your Mom got totally into the FO pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous! I LOVE the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And you chose a beautiful color for your mom. I know she had an awesome smile on her face the whole time she wore it! She's one proud mom!

    Hugs,
    Cyndy with a y

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and by the way, I've been trying to crochet a little 'ole pot holder for about three weeks. I can't seem to find the time to finish it because I've been reading. Why can't we find time to do all things we enjoy??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a great mom to take more FO pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails