Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

FO: Plane Solids Pillow

Inspiration

When I got up this morning, I was thinking of all the projects in progress I've got going at the moment, but then, this stack of fabrics popped onto my cutting mat.

Pillow top

Before I knew it, strips of the Echino plane patchwork fabric and the solids from Pink Chalk Fabrics April Solids Club were being cut and sewn together. Then, I had this finished patchy pillow.

This is my April entry for Rachel's Blogger's Pillow Party. I love the solids and how they work so well with the Echino fabric.

FO: Plane Solids Pillow

I quilted the top with straight lines, and the back is an envelope closure. The fabric was the real inspiration for this pillow, and I'm so pleased with this pillow. I've been hoarding my Echino prints, and I'm happy to see some in a finished object! I especially like the piece of selvage that I worked into each side of the pillow case.

FO: Plane Solids Pillow

Here's the back. I love the multi-color strip, using one piece of each solid (back is safety pinned right now, as the envelope is just a little open. I might add a ribbon or button).

Blogger's Pillow Party

11 comments:

  1. What a great pillow!!! It also reminds me that I forgot to message you about the mug rug. I got it and I love it!! Did you hand embroider the words? Damn, that must have taken forever! I really appreciate it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh, that's nice. and the quilting looks great...such nice, straight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you just woke up and the all of a sudden you have quilted pillow, and a cute one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors - and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that pillow! it's gorgeous. i've been very tempted to join the solids club myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how bold the colors in this pillow are. I also think the solids really play well with the prints. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors! I'm thinking of making some pillows this weekend, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this pillow! That little selvage piece is such a great addition too, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fantastic pillow - love the bold color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats great! Those solids work so well with the echino prints! I'm also envious that you started and finished it in a day lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, I love it! And your process sounds like a lot of fun. Isn't it great when we get a vision and just make it happen, like NOW. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails