Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summery patchwork

Converging Corners Blocks

In the Love do.Good Stitches circle this month, Deborah asked us to use this Film in the Fridge tutorial. It was lots of fun to make these log cabin blocks, and the colors Deborah picked are so summery.

I also recently bought Ayumi's new pattern on superbuzzy. This is a new block of the month project, called the Super Penguin Quilt-Along. How happy is that?? The first block is adorable, and I started working on my first popsicle last week. Have you seen Tamiko's amazing version? Gah. It kills me!

I decided to start out slowly with the easiest of the popsicles, the watermelon version. Perhaps you, also, were not aware there was such a thing, but Ayumi tells me that it's a tasty treat in Japan, and there are "seeds", which are chocolate-covered rice puffs. Yum!

A mistake - rectified

I pieced the watermelon popsicle with just one problem. You can see my mistake at the bottom points of the triangle. I was sure I'd have to start over, before I realized that the seam allowance would cover up those little boo-boos.

Progress: Watermelon popsicle

See? All gone! I'm almost finished with this little patchwork piece, and a good thing, too, since it's a gift. I should be able to share it next week.
Fabrics used: Lizzy House Jewels (from Outfoxed), Michael Miller Mini Mike's Random Pencil Check in green, Urban Cowgirl (the brown print) and the off-white is a Circa 1934 solid. I used Kona Pond for the border. Oh, and one more day to enter the giveaway!

13 comments:

  1. Love all the blocks! That watermelon is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks! (It's making me want to work on my converging corners quilt.) Must do do. good quilt first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love dan's comment! lol! i also would enjoy a lick! that sounds a little dirty though... ;) can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of pretty blocks, J! i definitely want some of those popsicles. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that popsicle is adorable! the fabrics you chose are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DGS blocks are super! I really will get to these soon. Seems like a fun sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great popsicle! I love how the fabric kinda looks like seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the log cabin blocks- the white space and great colours are wonderfully combined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your log cabins! They are definitely a favorite of mine!! The popsicles are ADORABLE!!! I just LOVE Ayumi...She is so talented! Just like YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bee blocks, I am looking forward to making these soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails