Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

FO: Popsicle Trivet

The great thing about moms is is they understand how busy you are. They really don't want you to buy them expensive things. A handmade gift is enough to make them smile (although, most crafters feel the same way about that!). We celebrated my mom's birthday last week, and I managed to finish one gift on time. The second gift is waiting patiently to be completed. Maybe this weekend?

When I first purchased Ayumi's popsicle pattern over on Superbuzzy, I immediately knew I had to make a watermelon popsicle for my mom. Which I did. Since she and her husband just built a house together, I thought it would make a fun gift for the kitchen.

FO: Popsicle Trivet

I added some borders of Summersville, a red(-ish) solid and a Riley Blake Domestic Diva print. To bind, I used an older Timeless Treasures print. The batting is Insul-brite.

I guess it's sort of silly to have a trivet (hot) with a popsicle (cold) on it? Ah, but it's cute and fun. She loved it. Win, win, win.

5 comments:

  1. It's really cute Jacey! I love the summersville print border around it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't moms great? I told my mom last weekend that her b'day present would be late (I'm making her a lap quilt) because of all the work I've been doing on the house and she said she would feel guilty if I took the time to make her a present, with everything else I had to do! I couldn't make her feel guilty, now, could I?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS cute AND I love it! It is wonderful to have a talented daughter! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun and summery!! Makes me want to go buy a watermelon at the store an dig in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mom is the best! love her comment! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails