Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

FO: Meow quilt

You could definitely describe me as a cat lover. I know. Shocking, right? Well, when I saw Aneela's Meow Quilt last summer, I knew I needed to make one.

I assembled this fun pile of fabric for the occasion. Kind of like pink lemonade (or maybe a strawberry basil margarita, if you prefer).

Each block was fun to sew, and a way to use lots of favorite prints.

The resulting quilt is bright, fun and happy.

The back features some more favorite prints. I love a pieced quilt back!

I decided to quilt it with a straight-line grid bordering the blocks, and then added a single crosshacth grid (sort of like whiskers?).

As much I wanted to keep it, I'm giving to a very good friend, who takes care of my kitties when I'm gone. And by the way, we have a third kitty now. E's sister moved out of the country recently, and we have given their kitty, Fitzgerald, a new home. I'll share pictures soon!

9 comments:

  1. ooh i do like the quilted whiskers. what a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitty quilt makes me smile! I love the colors and the whisker quilting is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat head quilt is so awesome!! I love the fabrics you chose, and it looks so happy and lovely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. Your fabric selection and quilting is amazing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very nice. Your quilting is super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! You always pick the best color palettes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails