Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fi and her twins

My friend Fi is amazing. I met her through the Houston MQG, and I just adore her. When she shared that she was pregnant with twins, I wanted to do something special for her. During her shower, I asked guests to sign fabric squares, and I added them to another pile of 8" squares, cut from Fi's favorite colors (which she used to decorate the nursery).

It's a simple quilt, and it's big enough for the family to share as the girls grow.

The back is scrappy as per my usual. I really love making quilt backs (I can't believe I just said that). I don't entirely love sewing long seams, but I do love choosing fabrics to match the front. That counts, I guess.

I also gave Fi two knitted sweaters for her girls. You already saw Hoot, and I finished a Yoked Cardigan last week.

The pattern is by Knitbot, and I knit the 6 month size on smaller needles. I'm hoping the girls can wear them at least a few times before they grow.

They are super adorable little ones. I know I will love them as much as I love Fi.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! Having all of the baby shower guests sign the quilt blocks was a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! Love seeing those little girls on their quilt - you are such a sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Look at those cuties! Perfect presents, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signed quilt blocks? What a great idea! Love that last picture of the girls. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xoxoxoxo love you and the treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails