Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

A few handknit FOs

Looking over my ravelry page, I haven't finished many projects this year. I can say that I love each project I've finished, and the desire to knit hasn't faded, after eight years. And I'm still learning new things, which is thrilling. For instance, I learned brioche this year.

FO: Exploration Station

As part of exploration station, I used lots of treasured yarns and that brioche section is my favorite part. It was challenging at first, but now I'd love to knit a project entirely in brioche stitch.

FO: Exploration Station

This shawl is giant, and I still haven't managed to get modeled photos (but we do still have pretty warm temperatures here in Houston).

I also just learned how to make a pom pom. I've tried once before, but this time I used the Clover tool (a gift from Amber), and now I want to pom pom everything.

Nicke's Hat with a pompom

Just look! yeah, pom poms rule. This hat is Sara's pattern: Nicke's Hat. Highly recommend!

Finally, I made a second Iz cowl, by Andi Satterlund.

FO: Iz Cowl

This is such a great squishy cowl and I wear the first one I made as often as possible in appropriate weather.

So yeah, that's the latest finishes in knitting. I'm working on another pompom hat now, so I'll share that soon!

4 comments:

  1. pompoms do indeed rule. Also, you need to move somewhere cold. Like London. Just for example, you understand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Such pretty projects! Makes me itchy to finish my exploration station!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My knitting has been very slow, still trying to finish a hat for Lawson's birthday (which was erm 2 months ago...) but that cowl is very tempting! I do need another cowl for winter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic! Does it feel great to have several FOs in a row? (sjn821 on Rav)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails