Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

6/52 (a little late)

I intended to post before I left for another quick trip, but it didn't work out that way. I have more to share, since I waited, though. First off, I finished this scarf last month, but just gifted it this weekend.

FO: Marled grey garter

Using about 900 yards of fingering weight yarn, held double I knit this lovely marled scarf for a friend.

FO: Marled grey garter

It is made from leftovers and mini skeins on US 5 needles, and I just love how it turned out. I may make another in different colors someday.

New fabric

Also, in Portland this weekend, I scored a few new fabrics, including this sweatshirt knit (so soft and squishy!).

New stash - Portland

It is always hard to show restraint on vacation, but I don't feel too bad about my new stash.

I have been working on my string diamond hand quilting, but it is slow. I am enjoying the process, and I am going to try to work on it a few times a week for the rest of the month.

WIP: Scrappy Cogs

Additionally, I've started a new project, working strictly from scraps (with the exception of the neutral squares).

WIP: Scrappy Cogs

They are cog blocks, and I am choosing fabrics for each one individually. This is a traditional block, and I am using the instructions in Make Your Own Medallion.

I'll be back later in the week!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the scarf turned out. Those neutrals are all so yummy together. And the new project is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails